Sweet Land of Liberty with the Study Guide goes over the principles of Christian Civilization and shows the hand of God moving through American history to establish Christian self-government in the earth. If you read the book and do the study together their benefit goes up exponentially (the study guide which is a workbook, people have to write down what they are learning — expounds these principles and points them out) - and I hope that people might do it for a study group (home study). —Rose Weiner
The Book - Sweet Land of Liberty is the record of the contest between two different civilizations struggling for survival:
- The Old World Order of king, bishop, and pope ruling over the people.
- The Reformation Idea of the priesthood of the Believer and the people governing themselves from within by the Holy Spirit and under the rule of law.
What You Will Learn from This Book:
- Learn how the explorers discovered the New World, claimed the land for their kings and the true story of their interaction with the Indians.
- Read the story of the Providential Hand of God in founding the American Colonies.
- Follow the Pilgrims and Puritans as they are driven from England and crossed the Atlantic in their search for freedom to worship God.
- Watch the Christian idea of self-government develop to give the world the ideal of a written constitution based on Christian Principles that have given eagle wings to the human spirit!
- Learn how the ideals of Christian Charity developed as man's inhumanity to man gave way before the ideal of Christian love for one's neighbor and established just laws.
Our Founders believed that in history's record of the struggle of good and evil, that good would win out! They believed that the highest development in that struggle for good was Christianity. They proclaimed that the highest pinnacle toward which all history was moving was the day when the kingdoms of this world would become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.
The study guide focuses on the 10 Foundation Stones of Christian Civilization developed for the human race through the founding of the United States of America:
- Freedom of Thought
- Freedom of Religion
- The Right to Self Defense
- Christian Character
- The Rule of Law
- Christian Charity
- The Right to Hold Private Property
- Unalienable Rights given by God
Analyze the important events in the development of Christian Liberty and individual freedom. Recognize the Hand of Godís Providence moving through historical events as the Colonies grow and flourish. Learn how the idea of Christian self-government and freedom of religion, assembly, and freedom of the press were hammered out from the teaching of the Bible. Learn how people raised under bigotry and intolerance broke free from these Old World concepts to embrace the principles of Liberty that are now our heritage.
The Mayflower Compact, John Locke on the Laws of Nature and Civil Government, the First Amendment and other historical documents and patriotic literature are introduced with the text. Poetry and literature that express the ideas of our Founders are brought into the study to make this an intellectual and spiritual feast and as historical evidence that the covenant that our nation had with God was a strong tenant of our Founders faith.
This will give you the faith to evoke our national covenant with God and rise up in the spirit and reclaim the United States of America for Christ and His kingdom purposes and ask God to send another great spiritual awakening.
When you finish this study you will begin to look at current events in a different light and you will see the hand of God often conducting a counter-plan to fulfill His purposes.
"Coffin's fondness for detail keeps the history from growing stale. He stitches the elements of early American life into a dramatic quilt. You will get a deeper understanding of history than that which the mere memorization of dates, people and places provides. You will see why Old World customs, habits and laws were gradually changed."
—Nancy Drazga, Editor of Great Christian Books
"Sweet Land Of Liberty will walk you through the founding of each of the thirteen colonies and open your eyes to the marvelous Providence of God in the founding of our great nation."
—Greg Harris, author of The Christian Home School and director of Noble Institute
"Congratulations on completing a really big — and important — project! The subject matter of The Sweet Land of Liberty Study Guide is fascinating, and I not only learned a lot, but really found my heart racing with patriotism and Christian "pride" for our heritage. I would love to actually participate in a Bible study based on this workbook and the original book. That's how great I think it is!"
—Tammy Gross, Gross Proofreading
Product Details for the Book
Paperback: 453 Pages
Beautifully illustrated with antique engravings.
A sequel to The Story of Liberty. Originally titled Old Times In The Colonies
Product Details for the Study Guide
Spiral Bound: 250 Pages
This item is shipped to you directly from the distributor and will arrive separately from any other items you may have ordered.