Although the main method leading to the conversion of the Roman Empire during the early years of Christianity lay in healing the sick and casting out evil spirits, belief in supernatural healing nearly disappeared from mainline churches during the following centuries.
How did something so central to Jesus' own heart, something so essential to the spreading of the Gospel, nearly disappear? Join Francis MacNutt as he explores the fascinating disappearance and today's reawakening of healing ministry.
Jesus has not stopped pouring out His blessings. Through The Healing Reawakening we can rediscover the empowerment that the early Church once experienced.
"This book is more than timely. It is avant-garde, a 'forerunner' statement among signals I sense the Spirit is sending the Church, saying, 'I'm ready to move again in earth-shaking revival power.'"
—Jack W. Hayford, president, The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel; chancellor, The King's Seminary; founding pastor, The Church On The Way
"A hard-hitting book that should be read by every Christian. I highly recommend it."
—Vinson Synan, distinguished professor of Church history, dean emeritus, School of Divinity, Regent University
- The Nearly Perfect Crime
- There Has to Be More!
- Our Long Lost Inheritance
- "And His Name Shall Be Called..."
- How Did Jesus See His Mission?
- Basic Christian Preaching
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit
- Ministry with Power: The New Spreads
- The Spirit Flourishes: The First 325 Years
- The Church Unplugs the Power
- Forgotten Motives: Compassion and Witness to the Truth
- The Major Decline: Plato and the Pagans
- Caught in Transition: St. Augustine
- Healing Gets Lost in Chaos: The Barbarian at the Gate
- Healing Prayer Is Elevated Out of Reach
- The Royal Touch
- The Protestant Reformation and the Further Decline of Healing
- The Enlightenment and Dispensationalism: The Final Blows
- Expectant Faith Remains in the People
- Fires Start (and Are Put Out)
- Pentecost Returns: The Twentieth Century
- Charismatic Renewal and the Third Wave
- The New Face of Christianity
- Will We Remain on the Sidelines?
Paperback: 248 Pages
This item is shipped to you directly from the distributor and will arrive separately from any other items you may have ordered.