Surprised by the Voice of God takes you to the Bible to discover the variety of creative, deeply personal ways God still communicates with us today. You'll learn how God speaks with people apart from the Bible, though never in contradiction to it.
Jack Deere first describes the ways God revealed His thoughts to first-century Christians. Then he tells why God continues to speak to us using the same methods. Finally, Deere tells how to accurately hear God speak through prophecies, dreams, visions, and other forms of divine communication.
With candor, sensitivity, and a profound understanding of Scripture, Deer identifies our hindrances to hearing the Holy Spirit and calls us beyond them to a more intimate relationship with God. Filled with fascinating stories and personal accounts, Surprised by the Voice of God is for all who want to walk in the dynamic full scope of Christianity.
"Biblical, practical, entertaining, and wise. Jack Deere does not give us some special technique...instead, he tells how to develop a relationship with a Person and how to know His voice in that relationship."
Wayne Grudem, professor of Biblical and Systematic Theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Surprised by the Voice of God
- The Problem of the Unreal Bible
- Jesus and the Voice of God
- The New Testament Church and the Voice of God
- Presbyterian Prophets?
- A Conspiracy Against the Supernatural
- God Speaks Through the Bible
- God Speaks Through Experience
- God Speaks Through Supernatural Means
- God Speaks Through Natural Means
- Learning the Language of the Holy Spirit
- Facilitating Prophetic Ministry
- "God Told Me to Tell You..."
- Prophetic Pitfalls
- Dreams and Visions
- God Knows the Proud from Afar
- Confessions of a Bible Deist
- Unbelief Through Theology
- Unbelief Through Magic and Fear
- The Kind of People Who Hear the Voice of God
- Recognizing the Voice
- The Power of the Word and the Spirit
Paperback: 384 pages
This item is shipped to you directly from the distributor and will arrive separately from any other items you may have ordered.