Well-known author and teacher Ira Milligan expertly shares how the Bible is divided into two parts: the natural, God's purposes revealed through the history of the Jewish nation, and the spiritual, or God's purposes fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Rightly Dividing the Word emphasizes the importance of understanding God's Word from both the natural and the spiritual perspectives. After years of Bible study and teaching, this handbook is filled with lessons on a variety of topics, including:
- Why God uses parables.
- The Old versus the New Covenant.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- Not mixing law with grace, and many others.
The Old Testament and the Gospels have three levels of interpretation: historical, Christological and prophetic. Because Christ is fully revealed in the New Testament, the Epistles have only two levels, the historical and the prophetic. Much is lost when Christians only see and study the Scriptures from the historical vintage point. Rightly Dividing the Word reveals these hidden treasures to the discerning student.
You will hear God for yourself through prophecy, dreams, and visions as revealed through the lessons learned in Rightly Dividing the Word.
Part I: God's Word
- Introduction: God's Word Is His Bond
- Lesson One: First the Natural, Then the Spiritual
- Lesson Two: Types and Shadows, Not Exact Images
- Lesson Three: Allegories and Parables
- Lesson Four: Understanding Symbols
- Lesson Five: Examples to Live By
- Lesson Six: Great Plainness of Speech
- Lesson Seven: Two or Three Witnesses
- Lesson Eight: Distinct, Exact, and Precisely on Time
- Lesson Nine: Line Upon Line, Precept Upon Precept
- Lesson Ten: For Mature Christians Only
- Lesson Eleven No Other Foundation
- Lesson Twelve: Magnify the Law
Part II: A Perfect Heart
- Introduction: God's Blueprint
- Day One: The Man of Sin
- Day Two: The Spiritual Mind
- Day Three: Convicted and Ashamed
- Day Four: Dominion Over Darkness
- Day Five: Pure Motives, Living Words
- Day Six: The Image of God
- Day Seven: A Perfect Heart
PDF File Size: 2.63 MB