Stress, Anger, Fear, Anxiety, and Depression—Any Negative Emotion—Can Become a Ticking Time Bomb.
Destructive emotions have toxic effects on the body and result in a wide range of serious illnesses—hypertension, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, irritable bowel syndrome, and even some types of cancer. The truth is you may be shaving years off your life expectancy and robbing yourself of the physical health you've worked hard for.
In Deadly Emotions, Dr. Don Colbert exposes those potentially devastating feelings—what they are, where they come from, and how they manifest themselves. You do not have to be at the mercy of your emotions. Focusing on four areas essential to emotional well-being—truth, forgiveness, joy, and peace—Dr. Colbert shows you how to rise above deadly emotions and find true health—for your body, mind, and spirit.
"Never before have I read a book that completely changed me in just the first 30 pages. God used it in my life to show me how to reduce my stress level to almost zero in just two days. I not only highly recommend this book, Deadly Emotions, but it's a must-read for everyone with a busy life or ministry."
Part 1: The Diagnosis: Understanding Damaging Emotions
- What You Feel Emotionally Becomes How You Feel Physically
- The Path from Damaging Emotion to Deadly Disease
- Turn Off the Stress Hormones!
- The Worst Things You Can Feel for Your Heart
- Ouch! The Link Between Rage and Pain
- Depression Isn't "Just in Your Head"
- The Downward Spiral of Guilt and Shame
- The Emotional Poison of Fear
- When Worry Turns Deadly
- The Warping Trap of Resentment and Bitterness
Part 2: The Prescription: Claiming Healthy Emotions
- Making the Choice for Health
- Replacing Distortional Thinking with Truth
- The Cleansing Power of Forgiveness
- The Therapeutic Value of Joy
- Peace Can Flow Like a River of Health
- Restoring Vitality: The Love Connection
Paperback: 242 Pages
This item is shipped to you directly from the distributor and will arrive separately from any other items you may have ordered.