A relative makes a tactless comment about your child's weight. The guy behind you on the expressway follows too closely. Your wife lets the gas tank go down to empty. . . again.
Life is full of frustrations—some big, some little. And while you might not be ready to blow, it's easy to grow bitter and angry in the wake of disappointment, hurt, rejection, and embarrassment.
Anger is a reality of life. But it doesn't have to control your life. And in fact, anger can be used for good—and can even change the world!
In Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way, the revised and updated edition of The Other Side of Love, Dr. Gary Chapman offers helpful—and sometimes surprising—insights into why you get angry and what you can do about it. Using real-life examples of transformed lives and relationships, Chapman explains how to:
- Recognize the difference between "bad" anger and "good" anger
- Use anger to motivate you toward positive change
- Release long-simmering resentment
- Teach your children how to deal with anger
and more. . .
Also included: a 13-session discussion guide that's perfect for small groups, workplace studies, and book clubs. Plus: reflection questions in each chapter.
- Where Does Anger Come From?
- When Anger Can Do Good
- When You're Angry for Good Reason
- When Anger Is Wrong
- How to Handle "Bad" Anger
- Explosions and Implosions
- The Anger That Lasts for Years
- What About Forgiveness?
- When You Are Angry at Your Spouse
- Helping Children Handle Anger
- When You Are Angry at God
- "I'm Angry at Myself"
- Confronting an Angry Person
Paperback: 227 Pages
This item is shipped to you directly from the distributor and will arrive separately from any other items you may have ordered.